Undergraduate Studio Art Competition
Accepting submissions Feb. 17-28 at http://unlart.slideroom.com
Juror: Amanda SmithAmanda Smith received her BA from the University of Puget Sound in 2005, and her MFA from UNL in 2008. She has exhibited her work across the Midwest United States, and is recipient of numerous awards, honors and fellowships including the Dan and Barbara Howard Creative Achievement Award in 2006. She is currently Visiting Assistant Professor at Doane College in Crete, NE.
- The Jean R. Faulkner Memorial Awards (6 - $100 Awards)
- Department of Art and Art History Freshman Award ($100)
- Department of Art and Art History Sophomore Award ($100)
- Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts, Dean’s Purchase Award (varies)
- Entry Fee Awards: Available to all accepted artists. The number will depend on the amount of entry fees collected and the juror’s discretion.
- 2/17- 2/28 Online submissions at: unlart.slideroom.com.
- 3/1-5 Juring
- 3/6-7 Notification of accepted work via email
- 3/10, 12:30-5:30 p.m. Accepted work delivered to Eisentrager Howard Gallery. Two-Dimensional artwork should arrive framed with proper hanging hardware (wire or D-rings) and ready to install.
- 3/10-3/14 Installation
- 3/17 Exhibition opens
- 3/21 Reception and announcement of awards
- 3/28 Exhibition closes
- 3/31 Art picked from 12:30-5:30 p.m.
EligibilityEligible students may submit up to 3 works of art in any medium.
You are eligible if you meet the following criteria:
- You are an undergraduate who has been enrolled in a studio art class in the Department of Art and Art History at UNL within the past 12 months.
- Your work was created at UNL within the past 12 months.
- You have not received an undergraduate degree in art from any institution.
- If your work is juried into the exhibition, you will need to complete the Eisentrager•Howard Gallery Loan Agreement and Information Form.