Undergraduate Studio Art Competition
Undergraduate Studio Art Competition for UNL Students
Accepting submissions Jan. 22-Feb. 11 at http://unlart.slideroom.com
Juror: Launa BaconLauna Bacon is a multi-disciplinary artist who is motivated by the investigation of the relationships that occur between environmental ethics, gender issues and animal welfare. She is the founder and director of Darger HQ. http://www.launabacon.com/
- The Jean R. Faulkner Memorial Awards (6 - $100 Awards)
- School of Art, Art History & Design Freshman Award ($100)
- School of Art, Art History & Design Sophomore Award ($100)
- Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts, Dean’s Purchase Award (varies)
- Entry Fee Awards: Available to all accepted artists. The number will depend on the amount of entry fees collected and the juror’s discretion.
- 1/22- 2/11 Online submissions at: unlart.slideroom.com.
- 2/12-16 Juryng
- 2/17 Notification of accepted work via email.
- 2/26 and 27, 11:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Accepted work delivered to Prescott Gallery. Two-Dimensional artwork should arrive framed with proper hanging hardware (wire or D-rings) and ready to install. Complete the Prescott Gallery Consignment Agreement Form.
- 3/4 Exhibition opens
- 3/12 Opening Reception, 5-7 p.m. Awards announced at 6:00 p.m.
- 3/26 Exhibition closes
- 3/28 Art picked up from 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
EligibilityEligible students may submit up to 3 works of art in any medium.
You are eligible if you meet the following criteria:
- You are an undergraduate who has been enrolled in a studio art class in the School of Art, Art History & Design at UNL within the past 12 months.
- Your work was created at UNL within the past 12 months.
- You have not received an undergraduate degree in art from any institution.
- If your work is juried into the exhibition, you will need to complete the Prescott Gallery Loan Agreement and Information Form.