Hixson-Lied Undergraduate Scholarships
The Hixson-Lied Undergraduate Scholarships are non-renewable, one-year, merit/talent-based scholarship awards for incoming in-state or out-of-state Freshman students, as well as for transfer students new to UNL. Up to 30 scholarships, equal to up to 25% of in-state or out-of-state tuition, will be awarded each year.
- Students must meet all College entrance requirements for eligibility.
- Students will be judged on an audition and/or portfolio review and/or review of academic credentials, as appropriate in each academic unit.
- Students must declare their major in a unit within the College.
- Students must make satisfactory progress toward the requirements in their major, as defined in each academic unit.
- Scholarships will be paid out by semester, 50% in the fall and 50% in the spring (based on continued eligibility). No awards will be given for summer.
In order to be considered, scholarship applications must include:
- the application form;
- two letters of recommendation; and
- a portfolio of work accomplished (students in Art, Film and New Media, or Theatre Design/Tech)
a performance audition (students in Theatre Performance, Dance, or Music).
NOTE: Only one performance audition is required for consideration for both admission and for a Hixson-Lied Undergraduate Scholarship.
(All theatre performance, music, and dance applicants must complete a performance audition to gain admittance. These admission auditions will also fulfill the audition requirement for the Hixson-Lied Undergraduate Scholarship. No additional audition will be required.).
Completed applications must be postmarked by March 1 to be considered for the 2014-2015 year. Applications should be sent to the student's respective department (addresses below).