Auditions and Application
Audition Dates for Admission and Scholarships
Contact the Admissions Coordinator at (402) 472-2453, ext.1 (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule an audition time or for more information. We encourage you to audition early.
- June 24-28, 2013, International Thespian Festival (Lincoln, NE)
- Tuesday, September 24, 2013 (10:00 a.m., call for appointment) (Lincoln, NE)
- Tuesday, October 15, 2013 (10:00 a.m., call for appointment) (Lincoln, NE)
- Tuesday, November 26, 2013 (10:00 a.m., call for appointment) (Lincoln, NE)
- January 10, 2014, Nebraska State Thespian Conference (Lincoln, NE)
- January 23-26, 2014, TETA Texas Educational Theatre Association Auditions (Dallas, TX)
- Tuesday, January 28, 2014 (10:00 a.m., call for appointment) (Lincoln, NE)
- 2014 February, March audition dates in Lincoln, NE, TBD
- 2014 TBA, Johnson County Community College, Transfer Auditions (Overland Park, KS)
- Other dates and locations TBA
- You should perform two monologues (memorized) contrasting in mood (for example, comedy/drama)
- If you wish to sing, you should in addition sing 16 bars from a Broadway musical (we will not provide a piano or music)
- We urge you to choose pieces that you feel strongly about, and show you at your best
- Monologues should be no longer than two minutes each
- We prefer that you stay away from dialects, and pieces out of your age range
- "Cold Readings" are not permitted
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Costumes and props are not permitted (a chair and hand props are okay)
- You must have already applied for admission to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Schedule an audition time (402-472-2453 or email@example.com).
- Apply for admission to the Univ. of Nebraska-Lincoln on the Admissions website). Please indicate “Pre-Theatre” as your major. Incoming freshman must have a minimum ACT score of 20 or an SAT score of 950 (no exceptions). Transfer students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (no exceptions).
- Submit the following items via SlideRoom (https://carsonschool.slideroom.com) at least two weeks prior to your audition date. There is
an $11 application fee.
- Two headshots or photos
- General résumé detailing any theatre or film experience, academics, employment, volunteering, special training, etc.
- Typed paragraph about yourself and why you want to act
- Email and contact information for two recommenders
- Transfer students should submit copies of college transcripts
- Video: A memorized one-minute monologue from a contemporary script, or a one-minute scene from a production/rehearsal
There’s some very useful information on the Educational Theatre Association web site on how to prepare for college auditions.