Auditions and Application
Performance Emphasis Auditions
Audition Dates for Admission & Scholarships
Acceptance into the program is competitive, so we encourage you to audition early and be well-prepared. You MUST audition by February 18 to be considered for Carson School scholarships.
Auditions at the Carson School and National Events
- *Jun 20-25, 2016, Int'l Thespian Festival (Lincoln, NE)
- +Oct 14, Carson School (3:30-5 p.m.) (Lincoln, NE)
- *Nov 18-19, Arizona Thespian Fest (Phoenix, AZ)
- *Dec 1-3, Texas Thespian Fest (Dallas, TX)
- *Dec 1-3, Colorado St Thespian Conf (Denver, CO)
- *Jan 5-7, 2017, Illinois HS Theatre Fest (Champaign, IL)
- *Jan 6-7, Nebraska Thespian Conf (Lincoln, NE)
- *Jan 25-28, TETA Texas Auditions (Galveston, TX)
- +Feb 18, Carson School (9-11 a.m.) (Lincoln, NE)
- +Final: Mar 11, Carson School (9-11 a.m.) (Lincoln, NE)
*Contact conf/festival for access to the auditions/registration
+To sign up for an audition in Lincoln, start your application at the Acceptd link: http://go.unl.edu/acting.
- You should perform two memorized monologues contrasting in mood (for example, a comedy and a drama)
- If you wish to sing, you can sing 16 bars from a Broadway musical in addition to your two monologues (we will not provide a piano or playback equipment)
- Monologues should be no longer than 4 minutes combined
- Avoid dialects and pieces out of your age range
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Costumes and props are not permitted (chair provided)
- We urge you to choose pieces that you feel strongly about, and show you at your best
- We use the Acceptd application, so please go to this link and set up your account to get started: http://go.unl.edu/acting. If you already have an Acceptd account, you can use that login and password.
- Optional for audition: Apply for admission to the Univ. of Nebraska-Lincoln on the Admissions website. Please indicate “Pre-Theatre” as your major. Incoming freshman should have a minimum ACT score of 20 or an SAT score of 950.
- Read through and follow the Audition Guidelines.
Questions about the Acting program, audition guidelines or application materials should be directed to the Admissions Coordinator (402-472-2453 or firstname.lastname@example.org).