Auditions and Application
Audition Dates for Admission & Scholarships
Acceptance into the program is competitive, so we encourage you to audition early and be well-prepared. You MUST audition by February 17 to be considered for Carson School and/or Hixson-Lied Scholarships.
Audition Dates at the Carson School and other National Events
- *Jun 19-24, 2017 Int'l Thespian Festival (Lincoln, NE)
- +Nov 10 Carson School (5-7:00 p.m.) (Lincoln, NE)
- *Nov 15-18 Texas Thespian Fest (Grapevine, TX)
- *Nov 17-18 Arizona Thespian Fest (Phoenix, AZ)
- *Dec 7-9 Colorado St Thespian Conf (Denver, CO)
- *Jan 4-6, 2018 Nebraska Thespian Conf (Lincoln, NE)
- *Jan 4-6 Kansas Thespian Fest (Wichita, KS)
- *Jan 11-13 Illinois HS Theatre Fest (Normal, IL)
- +Feb 17 Carson School (9-11 a.m.) (Lincoln, NE)
- +Final: Mar 3 Carson School (9-11 a.m.) (Lincoln, NE)
- We reserve the right to add, change, or cancel auditions
*Contact conf/festival for access to the auditions/registration
+To sign up for an audition in Lincoln, start your application at the Acceptd link: http://go.unl.edu/acting.
- You should perform two memorized monologues contrasting in mood (for example, a comedy and a drama)
- If you wish to sing, you can sing 16 bars from a Broadway musical in addition to your two monologues (we will not provide a piano or playback equipment)
- Monologues should be no longer than 4 minutes combined
- Avoid dialects and pieces out of your age range
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Costumes and props are not permitted (chair provided)
- We urge you to choose pieces that you feel strongly about, and show you at your best
- We use the Acceptd application, so please go to this link and set up your account to get started: http://go.unl.edu/acting. If you already have an Acceptd account, you can use that login and password.
- Optional for audition: Apply for admission to the Univ. of Nebraska-Lincoln on the Admissions website. Please indicate “Pre-Theatre” as your major. Incoming Freshmen must meet one of the following entrance requirements: 1030 or higher on the Critical Reading and Math Portions of the SAT, or 20 or higher on the ACT. The last ACT/SAT test date accepted is December.
- Read through and follow the Audition Guidelines.
Questions about the Acting program, audition guidelines or application materials should be directed to the Admissions Coordinator (402-472-2453 or firstname.lastname@example.org).