Design/Technical Production Admissions
Design/Tech Production Emphasis Application
Submission Deadline – March 1, 2017
Applications are reviewed as they are submitted.
Questions should be directed to the Admissions Coordinator (402-472-2072, ext. 1 or email@example.com).
- Apply for admission to the Univ. of Nebraska-Lincoln (http://admissions.unl.edu/become/apply.aspx). Please indicate “Pre-Theatre” as your major. Incoming Freshmen must meet one of the following entrance requirements: 950 or higher on the Critical Reading and Math Portions of the SAT, or 20 or higher on the ACT (writing portion not required), or rank in the top half of their high school graduating class. The last ACT/SAT test date accepted is December.
- Submit the following items via SlideRoom by the March 1 deadline (https://unlarts.slideroom.com). There is a $10 application fee.
- Short essay. Topic: Why do you want to pursue a major in Design/Technical Production?
- Submit a résumé detailing: 1) Paid employment and volunteer work, 2) Theatre and film work, etc., 3) Clubs, organizations, extra-curricular activities, band, music and other creative work, 4) Computer software you’ve worked with, 5) Special recognitions, honors and awards, and 6) anything else you would like to include.
- Two references (names and email addresses).
- Transfer students should submit electronic photocopies of college transcripts.
- Provide 4-6 digital image samples of creative work, which can include the following:
- Photographs of productions you’ve worked on or designed
- Artistic work, including photographs, sculpture, drawings, paintings
- Drafting or technical drawings
- Lighting designers, sound designers and stage managers should include a few example pages from your prompt books
- Costume designers should include renderings with fabric swatches
- Set designers should include renderings and/or models
- Résumé and references
We may also contact you for an interview or phone interview. Questions about the Design/Technical Production program, application guidelines or application materials should be directed to the Admissions Coordinator (402-472-2453 or firstname.lastname@example.org).