Design/Technical Production Admissions
Design/Technical Production Application
Submission Deadline – March 1, 2018
Applications are reviewed as they are submitted.
Questions should be directed to the Admissions Coordinator (402-472-2453 or email@example.com).
- Apply for admission to the Univ. of Nebraska-Lincoln (http://admissions.unl.edu/become/apply.aspx). Please indicate “Pre-Theatre” as your major. Incoming Freshmen must meet one of the following entrance requirements: 1030 or higher on the Critical Reading and Math Portions of the SAT, or 20 or higher on the ACT.
- Submit the following items via Accepted by the March 1 deadline (http://go.unl.edu/design). There is a small application fee.
- Short essay. Topic: Why do you want to pursue a major in Design/Technical Production?
- Submit a résumé detailing: 1) Paid employment and volunteer work, 2) Theatre and film work, etc., 3) Clubs, organizations, extra-curricular activities, band, music and other creative work, 4) Computer software you’ve worked with, 5) Special recognitions, honors and awards, and 6) anything else you would like to include.
- Two references (names and email addresses).
- Transfer students should submit electronic photocopies of college transcripts.
- Provide 4-6 digital image samples of creative work, which can include the following:
- Photographs of productions you’ve worked on or designed
- Artistic work, including photographs, sculpture, drawings, paintings, etc.
- Drafting or technical drawings
- Lighting designers, sound designers and stage managers should include a few example pages from prompt books
- Costume designers should include renderings with fabric swatches
- Set designers should include renderings and/or models
We may also contact you for a campus visit and/or interview. Questions about the Design/Technical Production program, application guidelines or application materials should be directed to the Admissions Coordinator (402-472-2453 or firstname.lastname@example.org).