Directing and Management Emphasis Application
Early Deadline – November 1, 2013
The early deadline offers students an admission decision by the end of December. Students receive priority scholarship consideration from the Carson School.
Regular Deadline – March 1, 2014
This deadline offers students an admission decision by early April. Students receive scholarship consideration.
Questions should be directed to the Admissions Coordinator (402-472-2072, ext. 1 or email@example.com).
- Apply for admission to the Univ. of Nebraska-Lincoln at the Undergraduate Office of Admissions website. Please indicate “Pre-Theatre” as your major. Incoming freshman must have a minimum ACT score of 20 or an SAT score of 950 (no exceptions). Transfer students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (no exceptions).
- Submit the following items via SlideRoom by the November 1 or March 1 deadline (https://carsonschool.slideroom.com). There is an $11 application fee.
- Essay (typed, approximately 500 words). Describe the role of the director, theatre manager or stage manager in the production of a play, and explain what attracts you to working productions in one or more of these roles.
- Write a paragraph or two about yourself and what your goals are in the theatre (typed).
- General résumé detailing any creative experience, theatre or filmmaking experience, academics, employment, volunteering, special training, etc.
- Email and contact information for two recommenders
- Transfer students should submit copies of college transcripts
- Provide three examples of creative work. This work can be: scripts, creative writing, poetry, prompt books, artwork, theatrical design, photography, a video of something you’ve directed, etc.
There’s some very useful information on the Educational Theatre Association website on college preparation .