Film and New Media Application
Film & New Media Production Emphasis Application
Submission Deadline – March 1, 2017
Students will receive an admission decision by late March or early April.
Admission to the FNM program is highly competitive. We admit a class of 14-16 students per year into the FNM emphasis. It is important that applicants present their best work and that their materials are complete.
- Apply for admission to the Univ. of Nebraska-Lincoln at the Undergraduate Office of Admissions website. Please indicate “Pre-Theatre” as your major. Incoming freshman should have a minimum ACT score of 20 or an SAT score of 950. Transfer students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (no exceptions).
- Submit the following items via SlideRoom by the March 1 deadline (https://unlarts.slideroom.com). There is a $12 application fee.
- Essay (approximately 750 words). Topic: Tell a story that directly or indirectly illustrates the type of person you are.
- Submit a résumé detailing:
- Paid employment and volunteer work,
- Video, audio, film, theatre, art, web design work, etc.,
- Clubs, organizations, extra-curricular activities, band, music and other creative work,
- Computer software you’ve worked with,
- Special recognitions, honors and awards, and
- Anything else you would like to include.
- Three references (names and email addresses). No more than two should be from a high school or college instructor.
- Transfer students should submit electronic photocopies of college transcripts.
- Provide three examples of creative work. This work can be: writing, poetry, artwork, photography, musical recordings, acting, video or film projects, web design, etc. Writing samples should be no more than five pages. Video/film samples should be no more than two minutes in length (for each submitted example).
Questions about the FNM program, application guidelines or application materials should be directed to the Admissions Coordinator (402-472-2453 or firstname.lastname@example.org).