Film and New Media Application
Submission Deadline – February 15, 2014
Students will receive an admission decision by late March or early April.
Admission to the FNM program is highly competitive. We admit a class of 10-14 students per year into the FNM emphasis. It is important that applicants present their best work and that their materials are complete.
- Apply for admission to the Univ. of Nebraska-Lincoln at the Undergraduate Office of Admissions website. Please indicate “Pre-Theatre” as your major. Incoming freshman must have a minimum ACT score of 20 or an SAT score of 950 (no exceptions). Transfer students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (no exceptions).
- Submit the following items via SlideRoom by the February 15 deadline (https://carsonschool.slideroom.com). There is an $11 application fee.
- Essay (typed, approximately 750 words). Topic: If you could choose two positions in the film or television industry other than Director, what would they be, and why?
- Submit a résumé detailing:
- Paid employment and volunteer work,
- Video, audio, film, theatre, art, web design work, etc.,
- Clubs, organizations, extra-curricular activities, band, music and other creative work,
- Computer software you’ve worked with, and
- Special recognitions, honors and awards.
- Email and contact information for three recommenders. No more than two should be from a high school or college instructor.
- Transfer students should submit copies of college transcripts.
- Provide three examples of creative work. This work can be: writing, poetry, artwork, musical recordings, video or film projects, web design, etc. Writing samples should be no more than five pages. Each video sample should be no more than two minutes in length and the total reel should be no longer than six minutes.