Undergraduate Studio Art Competition
Undergraduate Studio Art Competition for UNL Students
Accepting submissions Dec. 15, 2016 - Jan. 19, 2017 at https://unlarts.slideroom.com
Juror: Todd TubutisTodd J. Tubutis joined Sheldon Museum of Art as associate director in September 2015. He came to Lincoln from Portland, Oregon, where he served as executive director of Blue Sky, the Oregon Center for the Photographic Arts, since 2009. Most recently, he curated the exhibition Conflict and Consequence: Photographing War and Its Aftermath at the Wright Museum of Art at Beloit College in 2015. Tubutis was previously exhibition project director at the Field Museum in Chicago, where he led the design and institutional strategy teams for more than 20 temporary and permanent exhibitions, including Jacqueline Kennedy: The White House Years—Selections from the John F. Kennedy Library and Museum, Maps: Finding Our Place in the World, From Prairie to Field: Photographs by Terry Evans, and Evolving Planet. Prior to joining the Field Museum in 2001, Tubutis was responsible for the development and administration of an adult-education seminars program at the Newberry Library in Chicago. He has taught and conducted research in cultural and visual anthropology in the U.S., Canada, and Hungary, and has contributed articles and reviews to Wisconsin Academy Review, Visual Anthropology, Exhibitionist, Exposure, Time Out Chicago, and the Encyclopedia of Chicago. Tubutis earned a master's degree in anthropology from the University of British Columbia and received a bachelor's degree in anthropology and museum studies from Beloit College, where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa with departmental honors.
- The Jean R. Faulkner Memorial Awards (6 - $100 Awards)
- School of Art, Art History & Design Freshman Award ($100)
- School of Art, Art History & Design Sophomore Award ($100)
- Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts, Dean’s Purchase Award (varies)
- Entry Fee Awards: Available to all accepted artists. The number will depend on the amount of entry fees collected and the juror’s discretion.
- 12/15/2016- 1/19/2017 Online submissions at: unlarts.slideroom.com.
- 1/21/17 Juryng for inclusion into the exhibition.
- 1/23/17 Notification of accepted work via email.
- 2/6 /17 1 Accepted work delivered to Eisentrager-Howard Gallery. Two-Dimensional artwork should arrive framed with proper hanging hardware (wire or D-rings) and ready to install. Work should be accompanied by an Eisentrager-Howard Gallery Loan Form.
- 2/15 Exhibition opens
- 2/24 Closing Reception, 5-7 p.m. Awards announced at 6:00 p.m.
- 2/24 Exhibition closes
- 2/28 Art picked up from gallery.
EligibilityEligible students may submit up to 3 works of art in any medium.
You are eligible if you meet the following criteria:
- You are an undergraduate who has been enrolled in a studio art class in the School of Art, Art History & Design at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln within the past 12 months.
- Your work was created at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln within the past 12 months.
- You have not received an undergraduate degree in art from any institution.
- If your work is juried into the exhibition, you will need to complete the Eisentrager-Howard Gallery Loan Agreement and Information Form.