The Hixson-Lied Undergraduate Scholarships are prestigious awards given to new, incoming, in-state or out-of-state students (freshmen or transfer).
• Awards are based on merit and talent.
• A high priority of the scholarship is increasing the diversity of the student body of the Hixson-Lied College.
• Scholarships are awarded for two years as long as the student is making satisfactory progress towards at degree in the Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts.
• The current award amounts are $2,000 for in-state students and $5,500 for out-of-state students per year.
• All students applying for entrance to a degree program in the Hixson-Lied College will be considered for the scholarship. In some cases, a student may be asked to provide a portfolio or audition for review.
If you have questions, please talk with the appropriate departmental contact below:
School of Art, Art History & Design
Johnny Carson School of Theatre & Film
Glenn Korff School of Music
- Assistant to the Director School of Art, Art History & Design University of Nebraska–Lincoln
- Staff Assistant & Admissions Associate Johnny Carson School of Theatre & Film University of Nebraska–Lincoln