Hosts: William McMullen, Nathan Koch
FEBRUARY 13, 2021 · WESTBROOK MUSIC BUILDING
Featuring masterclasses and sessions with Glenn Korff School of Music Professors Dr. William McMullen, Dr. Nathan Koch, and presentations by guest artists Jeanine Krause, Baroque oboist, and Alexander Golde, Baroque bassoonist.
The festival includes:
- Faculty Recital
- Masterclasses with UNL faculty
- Period instrument lectures on Baroque oboe and bassoon. Learn more about the Baroque oboe and Jeanine Krause at https://jeaninekrause.com
- Showcase Sampler Recital of UNL students
- Panel discussion on "Life at UNL School of Music"
- Read making sessions - demonstrations of adjustments to oboe and bassoon reeds
Deadline to register is Friday, Feb 12, 4:00 pm (Central Time Zone)Register for Double Reed Day
UNL Double Reed Day Events Schedule
Zoom links will be sent to all registrants the week prior to the event.
Saturday, February 13, 2021
Faculty Recital - download the program
|11:00 a.m.||Masterclass for oboe and bassoon students|
|12:30 p.m.||Lunch Break|
|1:00 p.m.||Period Instrument Lectures|
|2:00 p.m.||Showcase Sampler Recital of UNL Students - download the program|
|3:00 p.m.||Panel Discussion with College Students: "Life at the UNL School of Music"|
|3:30 p.m.||Reedmaking session - demonstration of adjustments to reeds|