Music Technology Minor Prior to 2022
Minor in Music Technology - 19 credit option
No audition is required for the minor in music technology.
The Music Technology Minor is a "Plan A" minor and involves four categories of courses:
- 100 or 200 level course in Computer Science or other computer programming-based course with advisor approval
|MUSIC TECHNOLOGY & RELATED ELECTIVES
NOTE: A minimum of two courses must have a subject code of MUSC, MUED, or MUCP.
Select from the following:
- MUSC 282 Intro to Music Composition & Digital Audio Production
- MUSC 283 Music Technology: Foundations of Audio Recording and Production
- MUSC 284 Music Technology: Foundations of MIDI Sequencing and Notation
- MUSC 350 Film Scoring and Creative Sound Design
- MUSC 383 Music Technology: Advanced Audio Recording and Production
- MUSC 483 Music Technology: Advanced Techniques & Applications
- MUCP 410 Film-Scoring for Music Majors
Music Education (open to music education majors only)
- MUED 343 Music Composition Methods
- MUED 401Z Advanced Methods: Special Topics (topic in music technology)
Digital Arts / Other Departments
Honors (Must be in Honors Program)
- MUSC 189H University Honors Seminar (topic in music technology)
- UHON 395H University Honors Seminar (topic in music technology)
- MUSC 484 Music Technology: Capstone (Course may be taken for 3 credits and count as the ACE 10 requirement as well)
NOTE: All courses must be taken for a grade.