All students are required to audition for acceptance into the BFA in Acting degree.
Step 1: Apply to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Apply here: admissions.unl.edu/apply/.
Step 2: Submit application materials and video audition. Submit here by April 8: go.unl.edu/acting. Click "Log In" at top right corner and set up an Acceptd account. See Audition Guidelines below.
Step 3: Register for our Virtual Scholarship Audition Weekend on February 25, 2022. Register here for SAW. We strongly recommend that you attend our Virtual Scholarship Audition Weekend - We will have workshops and lots of fun!
- You should perform two memorized monologues contrasting in mood (for example, a comedy and a drama)
- If you wish to sing, you can sing 32 bars from a Broadway musical in addition to your two monologues
- Monologues should be no longer than 4 minutes combined
- Avoid dialects and pieces out of your age range
- Wear appropriate clothing
- We urge you to choose pieces that you feel strongly about, and show you at your best
Scholarship Audition Weekend
UPDATE: Our Scholarship Audition Weekend has gone Virtual due to COVID-19. See updated information in audition steps. Join us via Zoom on February 25!
The Scholarship Audition Weekend on February 25-26 is your opportunity as a prospective student to audition for the BFA in Acting degree and for scholarships. Students will be evaluated for the major and scholarships based upon audition, workshop participation, engagement, academics, and program compatibility. We plan to accept 16 students into the Acting Major for Fall 2022.
The Johnny Carson School of Theatre & Film and the Nebraska Repertory Theatre allow students the opportunity to:
- Work alongside professional actors, directors, designers, choreographers, dancers, singers and stage managers
- Earn points for membership in Actors’ Equity Association (AEA helps negotiate wages, improve working conditions, and provides benefits, including health and pension)
- Participate in Theatrix, our student-run theatre organization
- Study abroad during the summer at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre in London, England
- Collaborate with Emerging Media Arts majors, film students, and dance students in the Johnny Carson Center for Emerging Media Arts
Registration and Application Requirements
Student plus one guest
Register here for SAW
- Meet with faculty, students and staff
- Participate in acting, improv, voice, and movement workshops
- Facilities tour
- Meet with student representatives from several UNL student organizations
- Lunch and dinner with current students, faculty, and staff
- Q&A with faculty and staff
- Admissions information and/or campus tour
- See a performance of The Way to the Way
Scholarships are only available for BFA in Acting Majors (theatre minors or non-majors are not eligible)
Questions? Please contact Todd at email@example.com.