Directing & Management Application
Directing & Management Application (program on hold)
Early Deadline – November 1, 2017
The early deadline offers students an admission decision by the end of December or early January.
Questions should be directed to the Admissions Coordinator (402-472-2453 or email@example.com).
- Apply for admission to the Univ. of Nebraska-Lincoln at the Undergraduate Office of Admissions website. Please indicate “Pre-Theatre” as your major. Incoming Freshmen must meet one of the following entrance requirements: 1030 or higher on the Critical Reading and Math Portions of the SAT, or 20 or higher on the ACT.
- Submit the following items via SlideRoom by the November 1 or March 1 deadlines (https://unlarts.slideroom.com). There is a small application fee.
- Essay (approximately 500 words). Describe the role of the director, theatre manager or stage manager in the production of a play, and explain what attracts you to working productions in one or more of these roles.
- Write a paragraph or two about yourself and what your goals are in the theatre.
- General résumé detailing any creative experience, theatre or filmmaking experience, academics, employment, volunteering, hobbies, special training, etc.
- Two references (names and email addresses).
- Transfer students should submit electronic photocopies of college transcripts.
- Provide three examples of creative work. This work can be: scripts, creative writing, poetry, prompt books, artwork, theatrical design, photography, a video of something you’ve directed, etc.
Questions about the DM program, application guidelines or application materials should be directed to the Admissions Coordinator (402-472-2453 or firstname.lastname@example.org).