Chamber Music Institute
June 5 - 12, 2016
APPLICATION PERIOD: November 2, 2015 through March 1, 2016
For college students, recent college graduates, and international students.
Lessons in Performance, Composition, & Entrepreneurship
- The Chiara String Quartet, Artists-in-residence at Glenn Korff School of Music
- members of the UNL Music Faculty
FULL-PAY FELLOWSHIPS FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS
All accepted participants receive a full fellowship to attend the Chamber Music Institute. This includes on-campus housing and meals. Transportation to Lincoln and the UNL campus is not included.
Entrepreneurship – Learn to be Visionary and Practical
For young artists hoping to transform the world with their music, it takes more than practice and artistic vision to succeed. They need to understand how to:
- Manage an ensemble
- Protect intellectual property
- Find funding for projects
- Structure a business
Each day, one session will address these and other critical issues.
Quotes from previous participants:
- "Amazing. Some of the best coaching our group has ever had."
- "Tremendous. In five days our group reached a new level."
- "The Chiara String Quartet pulled more musicianship out of my group than we had ever exhibited."
- "I really enjoyed having so many opportunities to perform on stage."
- "The atmosphere was very inspiring for great music making."
- "It changed the way my group plays in such a lasting way."
- "A great experience."
UNL Conference Services is committed to providing appropriate accommodations to guests with disabilities. In order to ensure that appropriate arrangements can be made, guests with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations must contact the Director of Services for Students with Disabilities at 402/472-3787 at least three weeks prior to their scheduled arrival on campus. Please be prepared to tell that office the name of the conference/camp and dates of attendance.
- Professor Glenn Korff School of Music University of Nebraska–Lincoln
- Coll Prfsp/Larson Glenn Korff School of Music University of Nebraska–Lincoln