Step 1: Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
If you have incurred—or will incur—additional expenses or severe financial hardship, please contact Husker Hub at 402-472-2030 or email@example.com to request a financial aid review for the Spring 2020 semester.
Click on the box below for more resources from the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, including how to make a request for emergency funds.
Step 2: University of Nebraska Emergency Assistance Fund
This fund was created to help support students and employees on all four campuses who are now facing sudden financial hardship due to crisis situations, personal hardship, and now the current cancellation of on-campus classes due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Students, faculty and staff can apply for the University of Nebraska Emergency Assistance Fund through April 30 online (PDF) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Aid from the fund will be awarded by the NU President on the basis of need.
Step 3: Hixson-Lied Student Emergency Fund
The Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts created the student emergency fund with funding from the Hixson-Lied Endowment as a way to assist students who may find themselves in a situation that could threaten their ability to stay in school. Often times, financial resources can reduce or remove that threat. These grants cannot be used for books, tuition or library fines; the grants are available for emergencies like car repairs, bus fares, childcare, housing expenses or medical/dental emergencies.
The Hixson-Lied Student Support Fund provides grants for students making satisfactory progress towards a degree who are faced with financial emergencies that would significantly but temporarily disrupt their studies. Any undergraduate or graduate student in the Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts is eligible.
Students may contact a faculty member or the Directors of our units (Sergio Ruiz, Glenn Korff School of Music; Francisco Souto, School of Art, Art History & Design; Christina Kirk, Johnny Carson School of Theatre and Film; and Megan Elliott, Johnny Carson Center for Emerging Media Arts) to begin the process. Faculty and Directors will submit the Hixson-Lied Student Support Grants web form on behalf of the student.
Remote Instruction & Learning
Remember to check Canvas and your @huskers.unl.edu email regularly
- A Quickstart Guide to Learning in an Online Environment
- View a map of campus WiFi spillover areas (PDF)
- Sign up for Writing Center Virtual Writing Groups for Graduate Students and Faculty: Are you working on an extended writing project? Could you use a supportive community to help you make progress during this challenging time? The Writing Center is offering weekly Zoom writing accountability groups from May 18-June 30 (and participants are welcome to continue independently beyond this date). The groups are open to graduate students and faculty. Each sessions will be 75 minutes long and include goal-setting activities, as well as independent writing time. Regular attendance is required. Click HERE to sign up.
Mental Health & Wellness
- University Health Center
Adjusted hours, operations and serving faculty and staff for Spring 2020.
Telehealth visits with the University Health Center
- Academic Success Coaches
- Big Red Resilience and Well-Being
CARE advocates: A confidential, supportive resource for victims/survivors of interpersonal violence and other crime
- Digital Communities
Free digital communities that offer guided mindfulness, discussions and online group fitness classes.
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
Offering remote appointments and crisis support.
Academics and Deadlines
- Husker Hub
Scholarships and Financial Aid, University Registrar, Bursar and Student Accounts
- Latest university-wide academics & deadlines updates
Resources from our Peer Institutions
- VCU “Z.O.M.B.I.E. Survival Guide”
Resources for transitioning to remote instruction
- “Safe Dance Space” Survey
Sample survey for assessing students’ ability to utilize their space for dance activities
- Changes to grading policies
University of Michigan
- Keep Teaching site
University of Maryland
- Remote Teaching Resources
Rutgers Mason Gross School of the Arts
- ICFAD (International Council of Fine Arts Deans)
- ICFAD Covid-19 information
- ELIA Art Schools