Current Students who will have a sophomore standing during first semester of the next academic year who want to apply for scholarships must follow these steps by February 1:
- Log into MyRED and select the Scholarship Application for Current Undergraduate Students. Submission of this online application allows you to be considered for scholarships awarded by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid and to have your information made available to your college and department.
Incoming freshmen who want to apply for scholarships must follow these steps:
- For freshman scholarship consideration, you will need to take the ACT or SAT exam by the December test date during your senior year in high school and have the test scores sent directly to UNL.
- You need to submit your admission materials to the Office of Admissions by January 15th. For need-based scholarship consideration, you will need to complete the FAFSA. To apply for leadership/community service-based scholarships, you will need to complete the Résumé Form associated with the Application for Admission.
- In addition, all students who apply to the Johnny Carson School of Theatre & Film will be considered for Carson School Scholarships based upon their audition/portfolio materials.
Transfer students who want to apply for scholarships must follow these steps:
- Have your admission materials to the Office of Admissions by March 15th (or earlier, if possible).
- If you would like to be considered for need-based scholarships, you will need to complete the FAFSA.
- All students who apply to the Johnny Carson School of Theatre & Film will be considered for Carson School Scholarships based upon their audition/portfolio materials.
Majors in the Johnny Carson School of Theatre and Film are eligible for the following scholarships.
Anne And William L. Porter Awards For Creativity In Theatre Arts And Dance
Awarded to 1 undergrad and 1 graduate on the basis of outstanding creativity.
UNL Donald Walters Miller
Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors based on Academic excellence, professional goals, recommendations, particularly in college activities.
Leta Powell Drake University Theatre Acting Awards
Awarded to Best Actor and Actress in a Leading Role cast in Mainstage production.
Williams—H Alice Howell Award In Theatre Arts
Based on financial aid and GPA, awarded to sophomore, junior, senior or graduate, usually not graduates.
Dame Judith Anderson Acting Awards
Awarded to Best Freshman, Best Actor, and Actress in Supporting Roles in a University Theatre production.
Romulo Soldevilla Theatre Awards
Awarded for artistry in acting, directing, playwriting or design, used for design & tech excellence awards
Hixson-Lied Undergraduate Scholarships
The Hixson-Lied Undergraduate Scholarships are prestigious awards given to new, incoming, in-state or out-of-state students (freshmen or transfer). Awards are based on merit and talent. A high priority of the scholarship is increasing the diversity of the student body of the Hixson-Lied College. Scholarships are awarded for two years as long as the student is making satisfactory progress towards at degree in the Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts. The current award amounts are $2,000 for in-state students and $5,500 for out-of-state students per year. All students applying for entrance to a degree program in the Hixson-Lied College will be considered for the scholarship. In some cases, a student may be asked to provide a portfolio or audition for review.
Nellie Powley Hills And John Willard Hills Scholarship
Based on creativity, financial need, GPA and usually awarded to undergraduate.
Eunice Vivian Peterson Memorial Scholarship Fund
Based on financial aid, awarded to regularly enrolled incoming freshmen.
Emma Idalene Sharpless Scholarship Fund
Awarded to upper division graduate student capable of benefiting from further education based on creativity, financial need.
Helen Hayes Macarthur Scholarship In Dramatic Arts
Final year undergraduate or graduate to help support an internship, typically not designated for graduate students, awarded based on creativity, GPA.
Felton-Alice Howell Awards
Awarded to previously enrolled students based on exceptional creativity, GPA, financial need, professional promise.
Ann Keyser Rawley Scholarship
Awarded to undergraduate with 3.0 or better GPA, freshman with exceptional promise based on creativity, GPA.
Undergraduate Creative Activities And Research Experiences (UCARE) Grants
Awarded to full-time UNL undergraduates who have completed at least 30 semester hours--GPA of 3.0 or higher--applicants must work with a faculty sponsor - typically for a 2 year project. These grants create intellectual partnerships between UNL faculty and undergraduates by providing funds for research and creative activities. Find out more information on the UCARE website.