You are to follow the instructions of the sculpture faculty and graduate students at all times regarding safety, the equipment, apparel and methods.
- Know where the emergency phone, fire extinguishers and eye wash station are located. A first-‐aid kit is located in the tool room.
- No alcohol or drugs in the building. Do not work in any altered state that could affect your safety (due to a substance or exhaustion.) Smoking is not allowed (even in the foundry area.)
- No Guests or Pets allowed in the sculpture area.
- No Shorts, Sandals or halter tops.
- You must wear eye protection when working in the sculpture area.
- You must wear a dust mask when working with plaster or sanding.
- Welding/ Foundry areas: you must wear cotton clothing and leather shoes. No baggy, cuffed or frayed clothing allowed.
- Do not use a tool without proper instruction. Ask the instructor for help.
- Students are not allowed to work alone in the welding area or woodshop.
- No earbuds or headphones when working in the welding area or operating a power tool. You may use the hearing protection plugs (tool room) or ear cuffs.
- Pour any left over solvents in the metal drum for proper disposal (next to the eye wash station. Do not pour down sinks.
- Any sharp objects must be disposed of in the plastic container (tool room). Do not put in trash.
- Do not leave personal items unattended. Secure them in your locker.
UNL Police: 402-472-2222