Submission Deadline – April 1, 2023
Applications are reviewed as they are submitted. We are planning to attend many thespian festivals, including the Texas Thespian Festival, Colorado State Thespian Festival, Kansas Thespian Festival, and International Thespian Festival (other festivals TBD). We will be reviewing portfolios and meeting with students, so look for us at these festivals!
Questions should be directed to the Admissions Coordinator
- Apply for admission to the Univ. of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Submit the following items via Accepted by the April 1 deadline: https://go.unl.edu/design.
- Short essay. Topic: Why do you want to pursue a major in Design/Technical Production?
- Submit a résumé detailing: 1) Paid employment and volunteer work, 2) Theatre and film work, etc., 3) Clubs, organizations, extra-curricular activities, band, music and other creative work, 4) Computer software you’ve worked with, 5) Special recognitions, honors and awards, and 6) anything else you would like to include.
- Two reference letters (one-page letters).
- Transfer students should submit electronic photocopies of college transcripts (unofficial is okay).
- Provide 4-6 digital image samples of creative work, which can include the following:
- Photographs of productions you’ve worked on or designed
- Artistic work, including photographs, sculpture, drawings, paintings, etc.
- Drafting or technical drawings
- Lighting designers, sound designers and stage managers should include a few example pages from prompt books
- Costume designers should include renderings with fabric swatches
- Set designers should include renderings and/or models
We may also contact you for a campus visit and/or interview. Questions about the Design/Technical Production program, application guidelines or application materials should be directed to the Admissions Coordinator (402/472-2453 or firstname.lastname@example.org).