Design/Technical Production Admissions
Design/Technical Production Application
Submission Deadline – March 1, 2018
Applications are reviewed as they are submitted. We will also be at the Texas Thespian Festival, Arizona Thespian Festival, Colorado State Thespian Festival, Kansas Thespian Festival, and Illinois HS Theatre Festival. We will be reviewing portfolios and meeting with students, so look for us there!
Questions should be directed to the Admissions Coordinator (402-472-2453 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Apply for admission to the Univ. of Nebraska-Lincoln (https://admissions.unl.edu/become/apply.aspx). Please indicate “Pre-Theatre” as your major. Incoming Freshmen must meet one of the following entrance requirements: 1030 or higher on the Critical Reading and Math Portions of the SAT, or 20 or higher on the ACT.
- Submit the following items via Accepted by the March 1 deadline (https://go.unl.edu/design). There is a small application fee.
- Short essay. Topic: Why do you want to pursue a major in Design/Technical Production?
- Submit a résumé detailing: 1) Paid employment and volunteer work, 2) Theatre and film work, etc., 3) Clubs, organizations, extra-curricular activities, band, music and other creative work, 4) Computer software you’ve worked with, 5) Special recognitions, honors and awards, and 6) anything else you would like to include.
- Two references (names and email addresses).
- Transfer students should submit electronic photocopies of college transcripts.
- Provide 4-6 digital image samples of creative work, which can include the following:
- Photographs of productions you’ve worked on or designed
- Artistic work, including photographs, sculpture, drawings, paintings, etc.
- Drafting or technical drawings
- Lighting designers, sound designers and stage managers should include a few example pages from prompt books
- Costume designers should include renderings with fabric swatches
- Set designers should include renderings and/or models
We may also contact you for a campus visit and/or interview. Questions about the Design/Technical Production program, application guidelines or application materials should be directed to the Admissions Coordinator (402-472-2453 or email@example.com).