The Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts would like to honor the graduate teaching assistant (GTA) who exhibits outstanding teaching ability. The student will receive a $500 award and be recognized at the College Honors Day program in April. All current GTAs who have been the instructor of record or have assisted in at least one class in the Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts are eligible for this award.
Nominations are due by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 14, 2022.) and should be e-mailed as a .pdf or .docx to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To nominate an Outstanding GTA, please complete the nomination form and attach the following:
- At least one letter of nomination and any supporting documentation totaling no more than five pages that speaks to the criteria listed below
- A list of classes taught by the GTA
Your letter of nomination and supporting documentation should include information on the following criteria:
- Performance on student evaluations - include statistics and student comments from evaluations, as appropriate(Information from teaching evaluations is especially helpful; contact your Chair/Director for assistance.)
- Knowledge of the field
- Contributions to curricular development
- Personal characteristics contributing to teaching effectiveness
- Accessibility by the students