I believe that it is my job to give my students the best education I can by:
- giving my students weekly one-on-one private lessons and weekly group master classes where I share my knowledge of the pedagogy of the clarinet and its repertoire over the course of time they are a student at UNL. This also includes special opportunities such as master classes with guest clarinetists I invite to campus throughout the year and the annual Midwest ClariFest hosted by the UNL Clarinet Studio.
- providing a safe learning environment where students are motivated by a sense of friendly and supportive competition among fellow peers.
- making myself available to students for outside-of-lesson consultation regarding various aspects of their clarinet study.
- serving as a model of performance by regularly participating in personal creative activity of my own in and outside the university.
- fostering positive working relationships with each of my students in and outside the studio.
- finding a perfect balance of motivation and constructive criticism within the learning environment, as well as teaching my students how to offer the same.
- continuing to improve on my own teaching and playing by attending festivals, keeping in contact with my peers, and appearing as recitalist and master class teacher around the country.
The UNL Clarinet Studio offers the following degrees for your consideration:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Music Education
- Minor in Music
- Master of Music
- Doctor of Musical Arts