The path to a successful start in the Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts.
Before the advising appointment
Check your email throughout the summer for instructions on scheduling your advising appointment. You will meet with someone who specializes in your major.
Watch this video about FPA degree program requirements.
Prepare questions and gather other information for your appointment.
After the New Student Enrollment (NSE) date
- Watch your email for a message from NSE staff with information about your class schedule. This will take place within 7–10 days after your scheduled NSE date (not your appointment date).
- Set up your Huskers email account when you receive the prompt. This will come shortly after notification that your enrollment has been processed. Check your Huskers email daily for updates; this is your official address for all university communication. You may sync your Huskers account to your smart phone with these instructions.
- Complete NSE orientation modules in Canvas within two weeks of your enrollment processing.
- Send any remaining college transcripts or AP/IB scores if applicable to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Begin your FPA Start Smart course in Canvas on July 20.
Parent Zoom Sessions
Join Associate Dean Chris Marks and selected faculty for a chance to ask questions about opportunities in the college.
|Thurs., June 4||10–11am||go.unl.edu/nsejune4|
|Fri., June 12||3–4pm||go.unl.edu/nsejune12|
|Tues., June 16||7–8pm||go.unl.edu/nsejune16|
|Sat., June 20||10–11am||go.unl.edu/nsejune20|
|Sat., July 11||3–4pm||go.unl.edu/nsejuly11|
All students will automatically receive the newsletter beginning in the fall. If you would like to be added to our monthly e-newsletter list too, please sign up!Sign up for our e-newsletter
Parents and Students:
Please connect with us on social media! #UNLarts