Nancy Palmeri associate professor, graduate advisor, University of Texas at Arlington
MFA , 1993
Since her arrival at the University of Texas at Arlington, Nancy Palmeri has received several international honors for her prints.
In 2001, she received a fellowship, for her recent work, at the Frans Masereel Graphic Arts Center in Kasterlee, Belgium. Palmeri was also awarded a Bogliasco Foundation Fellowship to live and work in Genoa, Italy in 1998. She has presented at the Southern Graphics Council Conference numerous times.
Professor Palmeri has lectured and demonstrated her printmaking techniques at colleges and universities, nationally, including:
• Washington University, St. Louis, MO
• Pratt Institute of Art, New York, NY
• Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
• Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
• Boston University, Boston, MA
Palmeri has had solo exhibitions of her work in New York, Boston, Louisiana, Texas, Italy, Chicago, and Virginia. Recently, her prints were included in Color Print USA, Lubbock, TX; Global Matrix International Print Exhibition, Purdue University Art Gallery; and the Frans Masereel Graphic Art Center’s Jubilee Exhibition, Belgium. She has also curated three exhibitions at the gallery on the campus of the University of Texas at Arlington, Anthropology in Print, Pervasive Impressions: Contemporary Political Prints, and Foundations: Mechanics and Instinct. Nancy Palmeri has lectured at the International Humanities Conference, Cambridge, UK.
Palmeri’s prints are in the collections of:
• Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University Art Museums, Cambridge, MA
• The Royal Museum of Fine Art, Antwerp, Belgium
• Sheldon Museum of Art, Lincoln, NE
• Santa Barbara Museum of Art, CA
• Hunterdon Art Center, Clinton, NY
• Instituto per la Cultura e l’arte, Catania, Italy
• UCLA Grunwald Center for Graphic Arts
• The University of Miami, Miami, FL
• Tama Art University in Tokyo, Japan