The Elgas Project Grants support degree-seeking undergraduate art majors by providing financial support for independent creative research projects. Supported projects will receive funding up to $750.00 based on the quality of applications submitted and funding availability. All work supported by an Elgas Project Grant must be exhibited in a public gallery. Acceptable venues include the MEDICI Gallery and the Eisentrager-Howard Gallery. Alternative spaces are also acceptable.
- A typed brief project statement (300-500 words) including a description of the project, the significance of the project and how you will share this project with the university community (dates, location and title of the exhibition).
- A clear budget for the proposed project that includes an itemized list of the materials and how they will be used.
- 5-10 images of work submitted in jpeg format.
- A resume including exhibitions, awards and involvement in school/college when applicable.
- A typed statement of support from a professor that is 300 words or less. Note: Any professor that is recommending more than one student can submit the various statements of support on a single page in ranked order.
- Remember to include dates, location and title of the related exhibition.
- Proposals should be emailed to email@example.com by 5PM on October 26, 2020 (Fall) or March 8, 2021 (Spring).