36th Annual Juried Undergraduate Exhibition
February 3 - March 3, 2023 - Eisentrager·Howard Gallery, Richards Hall
Deadline: November 14, 2022
Contact: Emma deVries
Students will be required to complete the Eisentrager·Howard Gallery Exhibition Submission Form prior to dropping off artwork that will be juried for the show (Spring 2023.)
The submission form will be active from September 13th through 5 pm on November 14, 2022.
The artworks will be juried in person by Trent Claus. The drop-off of artworks for the submission process will occur on Monday, November 14, 2022, from 9am - 5pm in the Eisentrager·Howard Gallery. You will pay for your submissions when you drop them off on Nov. 14th.
Juror: Trent Claus
Trent Claus is an award-winning Visual Effects Supervisor with Lola VFX and is now based here in Lincoln. He has worked on over 120 feature films, including 19 Academy Award nominees for Best Visual Effects (4 winners) with a cumulative worldwide box-office of over 45 billion dollars.
Trent is a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, and the Visual Effects Society (VES). In 2012, he was awarded the VES Award for Outstanding Compositing in a Feature Motion Picture for his groundbreaking work on “Captain America: The First Avenger”. In 2020 he was nominated for Outstanding Compositing once again for “Captain Marvel” in which he de-aged the character Nick Fury, played by Samuel L. Jackson.
Over the course of Marvel Studios’ history, Claus has contributed to 21 out of 29 films, including his work as visual effects supervisor on “Avengers: Endgame,” “Captain Marvel,” “Captain America: Civil War,” “Avengers: Infinity War,” and others. Most recently, he has worked with Lucasfilm and Disney+ to bring the Star Wars series “The Mandalorian," “The Book of Boba Fett,” and "Obi-Wan Kenobi" to life. Other notable films he has worked on include “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,” “The Social Network,” “Star Trek,” “Avatar” and “Prometheus.”
For more information, visit: IMDB Bio
Available to majors and minors:
- The Jean R. Faulkner Memorial Awards
- School of Art, Art History & Design Freshman Award
- School of Art, Art History & Design Sophomore Award
- Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts, Dean’s Purchase Award
- School of Art, Art History & Design, Director’s Purchase Award
- Entry Fee Awards: Available to all accepted artists. The number will depend on the amount of entry fees collected and the juror’s discretion.
- November 14, 2022: Drop off submissions in the Eisentrager•Howard Gallery between 9am - 5pm. Entry Fee $5 per piece to be paid upon drop off of work on Nov. 14th
- November 15 - 17, 2022: Jurying
- TBA: Notification of accepted work posted on the Eisentrager·Howard Gallery Website
- November 18, 2022 or November 21-22, 2022: Artwork picked up from the Eisentrager•Howard Gallery between 9am - 12pm
- January 17 - 20, 2023: Drop off Artwork for Installation
- January 23 - February 2, 2023: Installation
- February 3, 2023: Exhibition opens
- February 3, 2023: Opening reception 5-7 pm (First Friday)
- March 3, 2023: Exhibition closes
- March 3, 2023: Closing reception 5-7 pm (First Friday), awards announced at 6 pm
- TBA: Pick up artwork
EligibilityYou are eligible if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are an undergraduate who has been enrolled in a studio art or graphic design class in the School of Art, Art History & Design or enrolled in a major in the Center for Emerging Media Arts at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln within the past 12 months.
- You have not received an undergraduate degree in art from any institution.
- If your work is juried into the exhibition, you will need to complete the Eisentrager•Howard Gallery Loan Agreement.
Artwork EligibilityEligible students may submit up to 3 works of art.
- Acceptable media includes: ceramics, drawing, graphic design, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, digital media (including video.)
- No master copies or collaborative / group works accepted.
- Your work was created at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln within the past 12 months.
- We are looking for works of art and design that showcase our students creativity and originality as well as their technical ability.
Submission Fees: $5 in cash per entry, max of 3 works. Exact change is strongly preferred.