35th Annual Juried Undergraduate Exhibition
February 4 - March 4, 2022 - Eisentrager·Howard Gallery, Richards Hall
Deadline: November 15, 2021
Contact: Emma deVries
Students will be required to complete the Eisentrager·Howard Gallery Exhibition Submission Form prior to dropping off artwork that will be juried for the show (Spring 2022.)
The submission form will be active at the beginning of the day November 8th through 5 pm on November 15, 2021.
The artworks will be juried in person by Sylvie Fortin. The drop-off of artworks for the submission process will occur on Monday, November 15, 2021, from 9am - 12pm ; 1pm - 5pm in the Eisentrager·Howard Gallery.
This year's juror is Sylvie Fortin, Curator-in-Residence 2019–2021 at the Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts
Sylvie Fortin is an independent curator, researcher, critic, and editor based between Montréal, New York, and Omaha, NE, where she is the Curator-in-Residence 2019–2021 at the Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts. She was Executive/Artistic Director of La Biennale de Montréal (2013–2017), Executive Director/Editor of ART PAPERS in Atlanta (2004–2012), and Curator of Manif 5 – the 5th Québec City Biennial (2010). She frequently contributes to numerous periodicals, including Artforum International, ART PAPERS, C Magazine, and Flash Art International, and her critical texts have been published in many catalogues, readers, and anthologies.
For more information, visit: https://sylviefortin.academia.edu/
Available to majors and minors:
- The Jean R. Faulkner Memorial Awards
- School of Art, Art History & Design Freshman Award
- School of Art, Art History & Design Sophomore Award
- Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts, Dean’s Purchase Award
- School of Art, Art History & Design, Director’s Purchase Award
- Entry Fee Awards: Available to all accepted artists. The number will depend on the amount of entry fees collected and the juror’s discretion.
- November 15, 2021: Drop off submissions in the Eisentrager•Howard Gallery between 9am - 12pm ; 1pm - 5pm. Entry Fee $5 per piece
- November 16 - 19, 2021: Jurying
- TBA: Notification of accepted work posted on the Eisentrager·Howard Gallery Website
- November 22 - 23, 2021: Artwork picked up from the Eisentrager•Howard Gallery between 9am - 12pm ; 1pm - 5 pm
- January 18 - 21, 2022: Drop off Artwork for Installation
- January 24 - February 3, 2022: Installation
- February 4, 2022: Exhibition opens
- February 4, 2022: Opening reception 5-7 pm, awards announced at 6 pm
- March 4, 2022: Exhibition closes
- March 4, 2022: Closing reception 5-7 pm.
EligibilityYou are eligible if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are an undergraduate who has been enrolled in a studio art or graphic design class in the School of Art, Art History & Design or enrolled in a major in the Center for Emerging Media Arts at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln within the past 12 months.
- You have not received an undergraduate degree in art from any institution.
- If your work is juried into the exhibition, you will need to complete the Eisentrager•Howard Gallery Loan Agreement.
Artwork EligibilityEligible students may submit up to 3 works of art.
- Acceptable media includes: ceramics, drawing, graphic design, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, digital media (including video.)
- No master copies or collaborative / group works accepted.
- Your work was created at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln within the past 12 months.
- We are looking for works of art and design that showcase our students creativity and originality as well as their technical ability.
Submission Fees: $5 in cash per entry, max of 3 works. Exact change is strongly preferred.