37th Annual Juried Undergraduate Exhibition
February 2 - March 1, 2024 - Eisentrager·Howard Gallery, Richards Hall
Deadline: November 13, 2023, 5PM
Contact: Julia Leggent
Students will be required to complete the Eisentrager·Howard Gallery Exhibition Submission Form prior to dropping off artwork that will be juried for the show (Spring 2024.)
The submission form will be active from October 16th through 5 pm on November 13, 2023.
The artworks will be juried in person by Suzanne Wise. The drop-off of artworks for the submission process will occur on Monday, November 13, 2023, from 9am - 5pm in the Eisentrager·Howard Gallery. You will pay for your submissions when you drop them off on Nov. 13th.
Juror: Suzanne Wise
Suzanne Wise is an art historian. After over 20 years, Suzanne recently retired from her role as executive director at the Nebraska Arts Council; a state agency that promotes, cultivates and sustains the arts for the people of Nebraska. Suzanne’s career at the NAC began in 1988. She has served as the public art program administrator, and managed special initiatives and all grant programs except arts education for the agency. She has served on numerous boards in both Nebraska and nationally including Mid-America Arts Alliance, Kansas City; and the National Assembly of State Arts Agencies, Washington, D.C. She holds an M.A. in art history from the University of Kansas with a specialization in American painting and photography. She held curatorial positions at Sheldon Art Museum, Joslyn Art Museum and Northwestern University’s Block Gallery and has taught at Creighton University and in the University of Nebraska system. Suzanne was also part of the development team that established the Nebraska Cultural Endowment, a public-private partnership that raises and invest funds for the Nebraska Arts Council and Humanities Nebraska. In 2018, Mid-America Arts Alliance nominated Wise for the Gary Young Award (now called Luminary Award for Transformative Executive Leadership), an honor bestowed to her by the National Assembly of State Arts Agencies.
- The Jean R. Faulkner Memorial Awards (SAAHD)
- School of Art, Art History & Design Freshman Award (SAAHD)
- School of Art, Art History & Design Sophomore Award (SAAHD)
- Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts, Dean’s Purchase Award (EMA and SAAHD)
- Director’s Purchase Award
- Brendan Harkin X Media Lab Memorial Award (EMA)
- Entry Fee Awards: Available to all accepted artists. The number will depend on the amount of entry fees collected and the juror’s discretion.
- November 13, 2023: Drop off submissions in the Eisentrager•Howard Gallery between 9am - 5pm. Entry Fee $5 per piece to be paid upon drop off of work on Nov. 13th
- November 14 - 15, 2023: Jurying
- TBA: Notification of accepted work posted on the Eisentrager·Howard Gallery Website
- November 17, 2023: Artwork picked up from the Eisentrager•Howard Gallery between 9am - 5pm
- January 22 - 23, 2024: Drop off Artwork for Installation
- January 24 - February 1, 2024: Installation
- February 2, 2024: Exhibition opens
- February 2, 2024: Opening reception 5-7 pm (First Friday)
- March 1, 2024: Exhibition closes
- March 1, 2024: Closing reception 5-7 pm (First Friday), awards announced at 6 pm
- March 4, 2024: Pick up artwork 9am - 5pm.
EligibilityYou are eligible if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are an undergraduate who has been enrolled in a studio art or graphic design class in the School of Art, Art History & Design or enrolled in a major in the Center for Emerging Media Arts at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln within the past 12 months.
- You have not received an undergraduate degree in art from any institution.
- If your work is juried into the exhibition, you will need to complete the Eisentrager•Howard Gallery Loan Agreement.
Artwork EligibilityEligible students may submit up to 3 works of art.
- Acceptable media includes: ceramics, drawing, graphic design, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, digital media (including video.)
- No master copies or collaborative / group works accepted.
- Your work was created at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln within the past 12 months.
- We are looking for works of art and design that showcase our students creativity and originality as well as their technical ability.
Submission Fees: $5 in cash per entry, max of 3 works. Exact change is strongly preferred.