33rd Annual Juried Undergraduate Exhibition
February 7 - 21, 2020 - Eisentrager·Howard Gallery, Richards Hall
Deadline: November 18, 2019
New for this year, students will be required to complete the Eisentrager·Howard Gallery Exhibition Submission Form prior to dropping off artwork that will be juried for the show (Spring 2020.)
The submission form will be active from November 1 until 11:59pm on November 15, 2019.
The artworks will be juried in person by Emeritus Professor Gail Kendall. The drop-off of artworks for the submission process will occur on Monday, November 18, 2019, from 12 - 5pm in the Eisentrager·Howard Gallery.
This year's juror is Gail Kendall, Emeritus Professor of Art at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Emeritus Professor of Art Gail Kendall has a ceramic practice here in Lincoln, Nebraska. During her tenure from 1987 - 2011 at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Kendall became a Hixson-Lied Professor of Art. In 2009, she received a Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Teaching and Research from the National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts (NCECA).
For more information, visit: www.gailkendall.com
Available to majors and minors:
- The Jean R. Faulkner Memorial Awards (6 - $100 Awards)
- School of Art, Art History & Design Freshman Award ($100)
- School of Art, Art History & Design Sophomore Award ($100)
- Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts, Dean’s Purchase Award (varies)
- School of Art, Art History & Design, Director’s Purchase Award (varies)
- Entry Fee Awards: Available to all accepted artists. The number will depend on the amount of entry fees collected and the juror’s discretion.
- November 18, 2019: Drop off submissions in the Eisentrager•Howard Gallery between 12 - 5 pm. Entry Fee $5 per piece
- November 19 - 21, 2019: Jurying
- November 22, 2019: Notification of accepted work posted on the Eisentrager·Howard Gallery Website
- November 22, 2019: Artwork picked up from the Eisentrager•Howard Gallery between 12 - 5 pm
- January 13 - 17, 2020: Drop off Artwork for Installation
- January 20 - February 6, 2020: Installation
- February 7, 2020: Exhibition opens
- February 7, 2020: Closing reception 5-7 p.m., awards announced at 6 pm
- February 21, 2020: Exhibition closes
EligibilityYou are eligible if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are an undergraduate who has been enrolled in a studio art or graphic design class in the School of Art, Art History & Design at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln within the past 12 months.
- You have not received an undergraduate degree in art from any institution.
- If your work is juried into the exhibition, you will need to complete the Eisentrager•Howard Gallery Loan Agreement.
Artwork EligibilityEligible students may submit up to 3 works of art.
- Acceptable media includes: ceramics, drawing, graphic design, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, digital media (including video.)
- No master copies or collaborative / group works accepted.
- Your work was created at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln within the past 12 months.
- We are looking for works of art and design that showcase our students creativity and originality as well as their technical ability.
Submission Fees: $5 in cash per entry, max of 3 works. Exact change is strongly preferred.