Art Fabrication Space
Art Fabrication Space
SUMMER SESSION HOURS:
The Art Fabrication Space is open during summer sessions only to those students who are enrolled in a summer course in the School of Art, Art History & Design.
Mon. 8:30AM - 3:15PM
Tues. 8AM - 6PM
Wed. 8:30AM - 3:15PM
Thurs. 9AM - 6PM
Fri. 8AM - 6:00PM
The Fabrication Space will be closed daily from 11:30am -12:00pm.
Art Fabrication Space Manager
Richards Hall 28A
ABOUT THE SPACE:
The Art Fabrication Space provides tools and equipment to students which assist with almost every aspect of woodworking. The space is open to students currently enrolled in a School of Art, Art History & Design course. Only projects that are assignment-based or part of the class curriculum are allowed.
Before beginning to use the space, students must complete an orientation with the Fabrication Space Manager. While working in the space, the students must follow the Fabrication Space safety policies at all times. This includes but is not limited to, eye protection worn at all times, closed-toe shoes worn while in the space, dust masks when needed, and ear projection when needed.
The Fabrication Space carries a variety of materials available for purchase.
Materials can only be purchased with NCard when the Art Fabrication Space Manager is present.
|12 Ft.||$11.00 (*Most Common)|
Canvas (12oz. Cotton Duck):
|1 Yard||$8.50||Canvas is sold by the yard and may be purchased starting at a minimum of 1 yard length and each additional 1/2 yard after that. The width of the canvas roll is 72 inches.|
Baltic Birch Plywood (5'x5' Sheets):
|Thickness:||Whole Sheet:||Half Sheet:||Quarter Sheet:|
Hardwood (Sold by the board foot):
- SawStop 5hp professional cabinet table saw with 52” table extension
- 20” Agazzani band saw with carbide resaw blade
- 18” Rockwell band saw
- 14” Laguna band saw
- Festool Kapex miter saw with Beisemeyer 8’ extension wings
- OMGA miter saw with 4’ Beisemeyer extension wings
- Dewalt 12” sliding miter saw
- SSC Panel saw fitted with a Milwaukee Pro circular saw
- Dewalt variable speed scroll saw
- Bridgewood 12” jointer with a Shelix Helical Head
- Powermatic 6” jointer
- 20” Grizzly thickness planer with a Shelix Helical Head
- General 24” double drum sander
- 2- Powermatic combination 4” belt and 12” disc sanders
- General 6”x 108” edge belt sander
- Grizzly spindle sander
- Powermatic 3520B variable speed lathe
- Grizzly router table with Porter Cable 3HP router
- General drill press
- Laguna Smartshop II CNC with automatic tool change and dedicated dust collection
- 5 custom heavy duty work tables with 10” quick release woodworking vises
- 2 custom framing tables with Stanley 100 framing vises
- 4’ x 8’ Denray Machine down draft sanding table
- Fein Turbo 2 dust extractor
- 8 compressed air hook up stations
- Torit Dust collection system