GKSOM Face Covering Policy
- WW and Brass: wear facial coverings. May lower to play the instrument and replace facial covering when not playing. Bell covers/end covers recommended. Minimum 3 feet SD is recommended.
- Strings, keyboard, percussion: wear face coverings at all times. Minimum 3 feet SD is recommended.
- Singers: Facial coverings at all times, even during singing. Minimum 3 feet SD is recommended.
- Choir: Facial coverings at all times, even during singing, minimum 3 feet SD is recommended
- Dance: Wear facial coverings at all times. Minimum 3 feet SD is recommended.
The following exceptions will be observed until further notice (see UNL face covering policy for additional exemptions):
- When outdoors, face coverings are not required for instructors or students; minimum 6 feet SD is recommended.
- When a faculty member is teaching applied lessons, “giving a lecture or broadcast to an audience so long as six (6) feet of distancing from other individuals is maintained,” face coverings are not required for the faculty member.
- When performing for an audience, performer(s) may lower facial covering to perform, if a minimum of 6 feet social distancing is observed between performers and from the audience. Accompanist must wear facial covering. Performers will replace the facial covering when not performing. Performer(s) must wear facial covering when walking on or off stage. Does not apply to dance. Does not apply to choral singing.