Chamber Music Institute
Event Dates: June 2-9, 2019
APPLICATION PERIOD: November 1, 2018 through February 1, 2019
Application Cost: $5 | Acceptance fee: $500
For superb young artists who love chamber music and who wish to explore careers in chamber music performance. The acceptance fee for the Chamber Music Institute is $500 (plus Slideroom fee of $5). This includes on-campus housing and meals. Transportation to Lincoln and the UNL campus is not included. You must be at least 19 years of age to submit this form.
Lessons in Performance, Composition, & Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurship – Learn to be Visionary and Practical
For young artists hoping to transform the world with their music, it takes more than practice and artistic vision to succeed. They need to understand how to:
- Manage an ensemble
- Protect intellectual property
- Find funding for projects
- Structure a business
Each day, one session will address these and other critical issues.
Quotes from previous participants:
- "Amazing. Some of the best coaching our group has ever had."
- "Tremendous. In five days our group reached a new level."
- "I really enjoyed having so many opportunities to perform on stage."
- "The atmosphere was very inspiring for great music making."
- "It changed the way my group plays in such a lasting way."
- "A great experience."
UNL Conference Services is committed to providing appropriate accommodations to guests with disabilities. In order to ensure that appropriate arrangements can be made, guests with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations must contact the Director of Services for Students with Disabilities at 402/472-3787 at least three weeks prior to their scheduled arrival on campus. Please be prepared to tell that office the name of the conference/camp and dates of attendance.
- Professor Glenn Korff School of Music University of Nebraska–Lincoln
- Coll Prfsp/Larson Glenn Korff School of Music University of Nebraska–Lincoln