Graduate Application and Audition Process
The process of applying to and auditioning for Glenn Korff School of Music graduate programs is as follows:
1. FIRST, review your specific degree's Application Checklist for audition information and/or creative/scholarly materials required for admission. Click on the program (MM, DMA, PhD) in the column at the right of this page to begin to locate the information for your specific degree.
- Master of Music Program (M.M.)
- Doctor of Musical Arts Program (D.M.A.)
- Doctor of Philosophy Program (Ph.D.)
2. NEXT, you must formally apply to our university by completing the UNL Graduate College application form (with its $50 application fee), available on-line at www.unl.edu/gradstudies
At this step you will receive an NUID and Password. This electronic application will take you for the first time to UNL's Graduate Admissions Management & Evaluation System (G.A.M.E.S.), where you will take the next step and begin your application to the Glenn Korff School of Music.
3. THEN, when you are in G.A.M.E.S., complete your application to the Glenn Korff School of Music; from this point onward, you may always return directly to G.A.M.E.S. at: games.unl.edu
- You will need your NUID and Password to login to this application. You can save your work and exit and return as often as necessary.
- You will need one copy of transcripts of all undergraduate work and all previous graduate work (including all studies for which credit was granted; e.g. summer institutes such as Aspen or Interlochen).
- You will need to provide contact information, including an email address, for each person from whom you wish a reference. Then for each one you must click the send request button to notify your reference writer.
- Any and all creative/scholarly works, if required, will be submitted through G.A.M.E.S. (file submissions are directly uploaded into G.A.M.E.S.; for video/audio submissions, you will be directed inside G.A.M.E.S. to another website called SlideRoom).
- If an audition/interview is required, you must select a date in the "Other Information" section in G.A.M.E.S.
- For information about the requirements of the LIVE AUDITION, click on one of the links to a specific degree in the upper right hand box on this page.