The process of applying to and auditioning for Glenn Korff School of Music graduate programs is as follows:
1. FIRST, review your specific degree's Application Checklist for audition information and/or creative/scholarly materials required for admission. Click on the program (MM, DMA, PhD) below or in the column at the right of this page to begin to locate the information for your specific degree.
- Master of Music Program (M.M.)
- Doctor of Musical Arts Program (D.M.A.)
- Doctor of Philosophy Program (Ph.D.)
2. NEXT, you must formally apply to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL)by completing the UNL Graduate College application form (with its $50 application fee) and submitting your supporting materials. The application is available on-line at http://go.unl.edu/gradapp. Many “ prepared creative/scholarly materials” that support your request for admission will be directly uploaded into the UNL graduate application; some programs require you to use another application called SlideRoom for video/audio “prepared creative/scholarly materials" submissions. (The required “prepared creative/scholarly materials” to be uploaded in either the graduate application to UNL or SlideRoom may be accessed by clicking on one of the links to a specific degree option in the upper right-hand box on this page.)
After completing your graduate application to UNL, you will be guided to the “Music Interviews and Auditions” page on the Glenn Korff School of Music website, where you can schedule a LIVE AUDITION and/or an interview. (For information about the requirements of the LIVE AUDITION and/or interview (if required), click on one of the links to a specific degree option in the upper right-hand box on this page.) NOTE: Students (those deferred or those returning to complete a degree after an absence of a calendar year or more) may be asked to re-audition at the discretion of the area of specialization faculty.
The priority deadline for graduate applications for all degrees (except MM Music Education) is December 15, 2020.