Independent Study Registration

Students wanting to enroll in an independent study or special topics course must, in consultation with the instructor, complete the "Independent Study/Special Topics Course Contract" available on the Glenn Korff School of Music website and deliver it to the Secretary for Graduate Studies. Students must complete this form on or before the end of the "add period" in any given semester. The Graduate Secretary will then give the student the suppressed class number for the course, so that they can register themselves for it. The Graduate Committee then reviews the proposal to determine if the amount of coursework required is congruent with the number of credit hours requested.  If approved by the Graduate Committee, the student will be informed that all is well. Student projects that are not acceptable are returned to the student for revision with the help of the instructor.