Fall Hixson-Lied Visiting Artist series to be presented online
calendar icon23 Sep 2020
Lincoln, Neb.--Five artists are presenting Hixson-Lied Visiting Artist & Scholar lectures this fall in the University of Nebraska–Lincoln’s School of Art, Art History & Design.
The School of Art, Art History & Design’s Hixson-Lied Visiting Artist & Scholar Lecture Series brings notable artists, scholars and designers to Nebraska each semester to enhance the education of students.
Each lecture will be presented via Zoom and are open to the public. Links for each lecture will be available on arts.unl.edu.
The fall schedule includes:
• Sept. 23: Malcolm Mobutu Smith, ceramics, 5:30 p.m. Public lecture: https://unl.zoom.us/j/94639024381. Smith is associate professor of ceramic art at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana.
• Oct. 14: Shawn Dunwoody, interdisciplinary, 5:30 p.m. Dunwoody is a multi-disciplinary creative force for change.
• Oct. 21: Phil Lique, printmaking, 5:30 p.m. Lique is an artist, designer and cultural practitioner from Miami, Florida.
• Oct. 28: Leilani Lynch, foundations, 5:30 p.m. Lynch is curator of The Bass Museum of Art in Miami.
• Nov. 11: Robert Pruitt, painting, 5:30 p.m. Pruitt works in a variety of materials, but his practice is chiefly centered on rendering portraits of the human body, specifically the black body.
Underwritten by the Hixson-Lied Endowment with additional support from other sources, the series enriches the culture of the state by providing a way for Nebraskans to interact with luminaries in the fields of art, art history and design.
For more information on the series, contact the School of Art, Art History & Design at (402) 472-5522.