COVID-19 (coronavirus) information
calendar icon20 Apr 2020
Lincoln, Neb.--With the information on COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) developing daily in Nebraska, the Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts is committed to staying in communication with our faculty, students and audience members, whose health and safety are always our top priority.
For continued information from the University of Nebraska–Lincoln, visit covid19.unl.edu.
The following is a list of cancellations and changes for events, performances, concerts and exhibitions for the Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts. We will update this regularly.
Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts:
• The Nebraska Young Artist Awards day of activities on April 8 is canceled.
• The Hixson-Lied Professorship Lectures on April 16 are canceled.
• The Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts Honors Day Dinner on April 25 is canceled.
School of Art, Art History & Design:
• The Statewide High School Invitational Exhibition closing reception on March 13 in the Eisentrager-Howard Gallery is cancelled.
• The remaining Hixson-Lied Visiting Artist and Lecture Series speakers are canceled: Kristian Bjornard (March 18), Sabine Ladstatter (March 30), and Brad Kahlhamer (April 8).
• Plans are underway for the spring 2020 Capstone Exhibition to become an online experience.
Glenn Korff School of Music
• All events (including concerts and recitals) are canceled in the Glenn Korff School of Music beginning March 14.
• The Glenn Korff School of Music has canceled all of its summer youth camps due to continuing concerns of COVID-19. The summer camps that were to have taken place on the UNL campus included the Nebraska Show Choir Camp, the Middle School Band Camp and the High School Marching Band Camp.
Johnny Carson School of Theatre and Film:
• The Carson School has suspended all public events, productions and performances. This includes cancellation of the Nebraska Repertory Theatre's upcoming production of "Pippin." Ticketholders should have received an e-mail from the Lied Center for Performing Arts. Contact the Lied Center Box Office at (402) 472-4747 Monday-Friday, 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. to donate, exchange or have your ticket refunded. This also includes the Rep's "Our Town" Workshop on March 23.
Johnny Carson Center for Emerging Media Arts:
• The Jennfer and Kevin McCoy Residency March 16-20 at the Johnny Carson Center for Emerging Media Arts and Fiendish Plots is cancelled. Their residency will be rescheduled for Fall 2020.
Mary Riepma Ross Media Arts Center
Based on recent recommendations to limit group gatherings to reduce the spread of coronavirus (Covid-19) and with an abundance of caution for our patrons and staff, the Ross will temporarily close beginning March 17. Please check their website at theross.org and social media to receive updates as the situation evolves. They will re-open as soon as it is safe to do so.