The information in this handbook and other University catalogs, publications, or announcements is subject to change without notice. University offices can provide current information about possible changes.
CREATE. PERFORM. ACHIEVE.
Welcome to the Glenn Korff School of Music. As an accredited member of the National Association of Schools of Music, we provide our students with an exciting range of opportunities and degree options from the bachelor's to the doctoral level. The Glenn Korff School of Music offers three options and eleven areas of emphasis for the MM degree.
The Glenn Korff School of Music nurtures the creativity, artistry, and scholarship of students and faculty; educates students to achieve excellence as educators, performers, composers, and scholars; and enriches the education of all students through the study and practice of music and dance. The historic and continuing commitment of the Glenn Korff School of Music to teacher education infuses a fundamental commitment to the teaching of comprehensive musicianship into all aspects of the curriculum. The Glenn Korff School of Music provides opportunities to understand, participate in, and enjoy music and dance. It has a responsibility for fulfilling this mission, not only for the citizens of Nebraska, but also for its constituency regionally, nationally, and internationally.
In fulfillment of its mission, the Glenn Korff School of Music:
1. Offers programs of study in music at the bachelor's, master's, and doctoral levels;
2. Offers programs of study in dance at the bachelor's level;
3. Provides professional preparation for educators, performers, composers, and scholars;
4. Stimulates research and creative work that fosters discovery, pushes frontiers, and advances society;
5. Serves the state and region as an important educational, artistic, and cultural resource;|
6. Develops supportive and knowledgeable audiences and patrons for music and dance;
7. Sustains a strong commitment to liberal education through its course offerings and performance opportunities;
8. Maintains a strong commitment to life-long learning;
9. Provides leadership which fosters the development of music and the arts in the state, region, and nation.