For priority consideration for funding (GTAs or fellowships), Graduate Applications must be completed by:
December 15, 2019
(All Degrees Programs)
April 1, 2020
(Summer MM-Music Educ ONLY)
Preferred graduate audition days:
January 30, 2020
Wind Band Conducting auditions
January 31, 2020
February 1, 2020
All other graduate auditions, except conducting; conducting auditions will be arranged by the faculty
Submissions will be reviewed starting on December 15, 2019.
Application Checklist - Specific Requirements
You must begin by applying to the UNL Graduate College at:
- To start the whole process you must complete the UNL Graduate College application form (with its $50 application fee), available on-line at www.unl.edu/gradstudies
- The Graduate College application will send you to an on-line site called G.A.M.E.S., where you will begin the specific application for the Glenn Korff School of Music. You can save material in G.A.M.E.S. and return to it via its own website (see below) to complete the music application.
Complete your application to the Glenn Korff School of Music through G.A.M.E.S. at:
- You will need your NUID and Password to login to this application.
- You must upload all transcripts into MyRed. You will need one copy of transcripts of all undergraduate work and all previous graduate work (including all studies for which credit was granted; e.g. summer institutes such as Aspen or Interlochen). Further information can be found at: https://www.unl.edu/gradstudies/prospective/reqs#transcripts
- We require:
Undergraduate GPA = 2.75/4.00 scale
- International Students (only) must enter their TOEFL score into G.A.M.E.S. and also have scores sent directly to UNL. Further information can be found at https://www.unl.edu/gradstudies/prospective/international/english We require:
TOEFL minimum = Paper-550 Internet-79 (IELTS 6.5)
- You will need to provide contact information, including an email address, for each person from whom you wish a reference. Then for each one you must click the send request button to notify your reference writer.
- You will request a live Audition/Interview, and submit any and all required creative/scholarly works, through G.A.M.E.S.; for video/audio submissions, you will be directed inside G.A.M.E.S. to another website called SlideRoom.
Prepared LIVE AUDITION Materials:
- For the LIVE AUDITION, the voice area requires the candidate to prepare 5 memorized selections consisting of ONE aria (opera or oratorio) and 4 Art Songs. English, French, German, and Italian need to be represented in the 5 selections. Not all prepared selections will necessarily be heard at the audition: the applicant chooses the first selection, and subsequent selections will be chosen by the voice area faculty hearing the audition.
Master of Music
Option III - Vocal Performance Emphasis
|Area||Course||Credit Hrs||Total Credits|
|Applied Music||MUAP 901 - Voice||12 hrs|
|Core Courses||24 hrs|
|MUSC 870 - Intro to Vocal Pedagogy||3 hrs|
|MUSC 871 - Art Song I||3 hrs|
|MUSC 872 - Art Song II||3 hrs|
|MUSC 836 - Intro to Grad Studies||2 hrs|
|History and Theory:||9 hrs|
|Theory (3 or 6 hrs)|
|History (3 or 6 hrs)|
|MUEN 845 (Choral Ensembles)||4 hrs|
|MUSR 68 - Recital Attendance (4 semesters)||0 hrs|
|Recital||MUSR 98||0 hrs|